FELIX BIOPrinter Bundle
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
THE FELIX BIOPrinter
Team One is delighted to introduce the brand new FELIX BIOPrinter, which is commercially available as of January 2020. This is not your run of the mill 3D printer, the BIOPrinter breaks new ground and the following information will provides you with insights into the market-place for 3D bioprinters in general, the importance of bioprinting, a description of what bioprinting is, how bioprinters in general work, and then the specifics of the FELIX BIOprinting technology. Besides the section below entitled Insight into FELIX BIOPrinters Approach, we have also provided contents of the BIOPrinter bundle including download links for the FELIX BIOprinter brochure and datasheet.
The global 3D bioprinting market size was valued at USD 965.0 million in 2018 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 19.5% over the period 2019 – 2026. This growth is attributed to the rising incidence of chronic diseases, such as heart and kidney failures, increasing aging population, and limited number of organ donors. Advancements in technology & IT within the healthcare industry and rising R&D investments are also likely to boost the market growth.
WHY IS BIOPRINTING IMPORTANT
The greatest importance of bioprinting lies in the resulting tissue-like structures that mimic the actual micro- and macro-environment of human tissues and organs. This is critical in drug testing and clinical trials, with the potential, for example, to drastically reduce the need for animal trials.
When living tissues and organs need not come from humans, 3D bioprinting offers other massive opportunities. One example is testing treatment for diseases using artificially affected tissues.
The process will also eradicate the headaches associated with organ donation and transplantation. Apart from the lack of available organs, the entire process is criticized from a moral and ethical perspective.
Organ replacement is the main objective, but tissue repair is also possible in the meantime. With bioink, it’s much easier to solve problems on a patient-specific level, promoting simpler operations.
WHAT IS BIOPRINTING
Bioprinting is a 3D printing / additive manufacturing process where biomaterials such as cells and growth factors are combined to create tissue-like structures that imitate natural tissues. The technology uses a material known as bioink to create these structures in a layer-by-layer manner.
The technique is widely applicable to the fields of medicine and bioengineering. Recently, the technology has even made advancements in the production of cartilage tissue for use in reconstruction and regeneration.
In essence, bioprinting works in a similar way to conventional 3D printing. A digital model becomes a physical 3D object layer-by-layer. In this instance, however, a living cell suspension is utilized instead of a thermoplastic or a resin.
For this reason, in order to optimize cell viability and achieve a printing resolution adequate for a correct cell-matrix structure, it’s necessary to maintain sterile printing conditions. This ensures accuracy in complex tissues, requisite cell-to-cell distances, and correct output. The process principally involves preparation, printing, maturation, and application.
HOW DOES IT WORK
Several bioprinting methods exist, based on either extrusion, inkjet, acoustic, or laser technologies. Despite the various types, a typical bioprinting process has a more-or-less standard series of steps:
- 3D Imaging: To get the exact dimensions of the tissue, a standard CT or MRI scan is used. 3D imaging should provide a perfect fit of the tissue with little or no adjustment required on the part of the
- 3D Modelling: A blueprint is generated using AutoCAD software. The blueprint also includes layer-by-layer instruction in high detail. Fine adjustments may be made at this stage to avoid the transfer of
- Bioink Preparation: Bioink is a combination of living cells and a compatible base, like collagen, gelatin, hyaluronan, silk, alginate or nanocellulose. The latter provides cells with scaffolding to grow on and nutriment to survive on. The complete substance is based on the patient and is function-specific.
- Printing: The 3D printing process involves depositing the bioink layer-by-layer, where each layer has a thickness of 0.5 mm or less. The delivery of smaller or larger deposits highly depends on the number of nozzles and the kind of tissue being printed. The mixture comes out of the nozzle as a highly viscous
- Solidification: As deposition takes place, the layer starts as a viscous liquid and solidifies to hold its shape. This happens as more layers are continuously deposited. The process of blending and solidification is known as crosslinking and may be aided by UV light, specific chemicals, or heat (also typically delivered via a UV light source).
FELIX APPROACH TO BIOPRINTING
The FELIX BIOprinter can be used for medical, scientific and research applications. The FELIX BIOprinter is flexible and adaptable, and is characterized by:
- Dual head printing: The FELIX BIOprinter operates a dual syringe system that allows the users to print with two different material types within the same print.Alternatively, this system set-up also permits petri dishes to be filled with multiple objects using different materials in a single print run, which can speed up specific research activities and avoid time-consuming material changeovers.
- Retraction mechanism: High precision motor offers significantly improved material dosage and more accurate material flow vs traditional air pressure systems.
- Build plate: specifically designed to secure petri dishes and wells for stability and accuracy
- Compatibility: compatible with all viscosities and wide range of materials
- Open source system: The FELIX BIOprinter consists of a flexible & adaptable ecosystem to ensure it can meet the needs of a wide range of research applications without generating unnecessary costs. The FELIX BIOprinter has been designed to use any standard 5 ml syringes, meaning it is not restricted to expensive branded products that drive up operating costs. Similarly, standardized petri-dishes and culture plates are easily accommodated ensuring no limitations on type of instruments and materials to be used.
- Automatic bed leveling: The bed leveling system works via physical probing of the nozzle against the print surface. Different lengths and size nozzles/needles can be used and easily exchanged to meet specific needs. A perfectly calibrated print bed results in a perfect first layer, leading to accurate
- Sterilization protocols: Print heads are easy to clean, keeping them sterile, for the ideal environment that you demand. The heads are modular units that can easily be exchanged. Additional print heads on-hand simplify quick change-overs to print different materials in quick succession.
The FELIX BIOPrinter frame and functionality is based on the existing and established
FELIX printers product line. We’ve leveraged the current trusted technology to minimize the cost of development, making the FELIX BIOPrinter accessible to a wider user base to deliver exceptional value. The FELIX BIOPrinter is launched with the same reliability and strong 9- year reputation FELIX printers has earned. The user-friendly touch screen provides intuitive navigation of each print job and project.
The key selling points of the FELIX BIOPrinter are:
- Fully sterilizable
- Designed to use standard 5 ml syringes / petri dishes / culture plates
- Powerful FELIX touchscreen interface, adaptable to multi-machine farm
- Syringe cooling / heating
- Print bed cooling / heating
- Dual syringe system, with fast and easy change-over
- Easy Syringe positioning
- Automatic bed leveling
- Virtually Silent operation
- Fully upgradeable
WHATS IN THE FELIX BIOPrinter BUNDLE?
- FELIX BIOPrinter
- Clear Transparent Cover/Case
- UV Light
- Build Platform
- Needle 25G, 0.26mm, 1/2 inch, Luer Lock, Pink
- Needle 22G, 0.41mm, 1/2 inch, Luer Lock, Blue
- Needle 21g, 0.51mm, 1/2 inch, Luer Lock, Yellow
- Needle 21g, 0.51mm, 1/2 inch, Luer Lock, Purple
- Syringe 5ml Luer Lock
- Petri Dish
- Well Plate 6-well
- UV Protection Glasses
- Starter Kit: Pro/Tec kapton sheets, dust cleaners and print adhesive
BIOPrinter Data Downloads:
Given its interdisciplinary nature, 3D bioprinting is accelerating at an ever-increasing rate. These are exciting times. Those working in the field are making advances every day, in both the technology and in their understanding of how it can be used and improved. There is no doubt that the future of medicine will be very different with bioprinting involved, and the FELIX BIOPrinter is perfectly positioned to feed this huge spike in demand in the coming years.
Layer Resolution: to 50 microns
Build Plate: Aluminium sandwich plate with steel flexplate.
Print head: Dual syringe operation
Syringe Specs: 5 ml syringe(s)
Build Speed/s: Recommended build speed is 20 mm/s. Speed depends on material viscosity.
Typical print accuracy: ± 0.05 mm for sizes below 20 mm
Syringe Min/Max print temperatures: 0-50 ˚C
Syringe heat up time / cooling times: 10 seconds
XYZ resolution: XY, 1.6 microns, Z: 0.15 micron
Dimensions & Weight: 430 x 390 x 550 mm, 11.5kg
Build Volume: XYZ = 130 x 210 x 130 mm
Extrusion width: greater than 0.1mm, depending on nozzle size
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at sales@Project3DPrinters.com.
*For products that are imported from Chinese manufacturers directly for the sale, the customer is responsibe for any and all customs fees, duties, and tariffs that may be incured. No tariffs will apply to any products, including Chinese manufacturered, that are shipped from the USA. Please contact us at info@project3dprinters to clarify from where a product will be shipping.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to returns@Project3DPrinters.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
At Project 3D Printers, we take great pride in servicing our customers to the best of our abilities. No customer, nor purchase, is too big or too small. We pride ourselves in getting to know our customers on a personal level so that we can help you find exactly what you need for a price that you can afford.
No, we're not Amazon, and we don't claim to be. We may not be able to get your product tomorrow or the next day, but we can do something that Amazon cannot.....which is answer your questions and get you the support needed if and when you're having a problem.
We will always answer your questions, return your calls, and return your emails. If we don't have the answers we'll get them from the manufacturer. You'll never be left alone. We stand by our high-quality products.
Project 3D Printers takes great pride in living up to its core values:
1) Customer Service
We believe that the customer and his or her needs come first. We'll do all that we can make our customers fulfill their needs and make them happy with their purchases. We pride ourselves on our support system. If we don't have the answers we will not rest until we find them.
We know that things will sometimes go wrong. Let's not kid ourselves. It's unfortunate when they do, but we promise to be honest about the error and do all that we can to make it right. We're value your patronage. We hope that you have a great experience purchasing from us and will spread the word!