Call or Text 1-833-202-5227
M-F 9:00am - 6:00pm ET
Call or Text
Be the first to ask a question about this.
The Mosquito® Magnum prints upwards of 30 mm^3/sec
A thermal insulator protects the extended melt zone from the effects of active cooling and radiative heat loss. It has a heat transmission rate as low as 3 W/m*K, meaning you can have ultimate confidence in the speed of your print, while at the same time maintaining the high resolution benefits achieved with the standard Mosquito® Hotend
The melt zone is extended proximally upwards to maintain a small form factor
Compatible with Rep Rap style nozzles which are characterized by their M6 x 1.0 threads, 7 mm threaded length, and 12.5 mm overall length
A multi extrusion setup with both high flow and high resolution optimized designs can be created without needing to purchase new nozzles or make carriage modifications to accommodate hotends of different sizes
Installation and assembly instructions available on our Documentation page
Mosquito® Magnum Hotend*
Mosquito® Magnum Mounting Hardware
Set of Mosquito® Magnum hex keys for assembly, disassembly, and mounting
Super tasty US-made gourmet lollipops
Have a Mosquito® Magnum Hotend with the retired Heat Break/Heat Sink? Press here to upgrade your Mosquito® Magnum Hotend to the latest version!
We highly recommend the use of Boron Nitride paste with the Mosquito® Magnum to provide good thermal conductivity between the hotend and heater/thermistor.
Whoever says “Sorry, I can’t do a GoT marathon with you on Saturday, I’m doing a big print,” clearly doesn’t have the Mosquito® Magnum hotend that finishes projects 20% faster than other high flow-rate hotends on the market.
Your 3D printer can deliver the high resolution prints and take on engineering-grade plastics that other desktop printers can’t come close to. With minimal layer lines, your vision is about to become reality. Fast.
The Mosquito® Magnum hotend has the same precision as our Mosquito® hotend, but with a flow rate that is significantly faster.
The Mosquito® Magnum is adaptable to virtually any printer, so by swapping one component, you have the high performance benefits of a printer worth thousands more. Since the Mosquito® (designed for beauty) and Mosquito® Magnum (designed for speed) are the same length, any combination of these hotends can be mounted to one carriage. So you can switch between high-flow and high-precision in the same print.
Oh yeah, and you can change the nozzle with one hand.
Unlock engineering-grade plastics up to 500 °C. That means you can print car parts, medical devices, and whatever else you can dream up, and you don’t have to buy an expensive printer to do the job.
How did we accomplish this?
By reimagining how a hotend is designed and structured from the ground up. The materials in each part of the Mosquito® Magnum have been hand selected to perform a specific task to optimize your printer’s performance. We went so far as using the same insulator materials that NASA uses on the space shuttle to protect the hotend’s extended melt zone.
Some might say it’s overkill.
But we say it’s necessary to create something truly excellent.
And it gives you a great anecdote for the next Rep Rap Festival.
Mosquito® Magnum is only available for 1.75 mm filament at this time.
Superior heat break performance
- The heat break conducts 85% less heat into the heat sink than a typical threaded heat break
- Steep temperature gradient at the heat break, and high tolerances along the filament path allow for better transmission of fine motor movements, resulting in beautiful, higher resolution prints
- Steep temperature gradient at the heat break reduces the likelihood of jamming
- Reduced heat transmission removes the need for a large heat sink
- Composite construction of the bimetallic heat break™ allows for the use of materials optimized for heat transfer in each section of the heat break
- Allows for hotend to be mounted with a printed, plastic adapter, without raising safety concerns
Increased structural rigidity
- The heat break has been separated from the structural components of the hotend, allowing for a heat break that is not load bearing, and can be very thin walled. This allows for a reliable, rigid exterior structure
- No components are prone to loosening at the mounting points
- Nozzles can be changed with one hand, without grasping the hot block
- In the case of a severe crash, an entirely new hotend is not necessary, parts can be easily swapped out
Larger temperature operating range
- Specially-engineered high temperature copper alloy in the hot block will not soften at high temperatures in excess of 550C.
- Threads in the hot block will not deform at high temps, allowing removal of nozzles even after multiple high temp heat cycles
- Nickel plating on the hot block reduces radiative heat loss and prevents galling of threads
Modular/adaptable to almost any FFF/FDM printer
- Compact, flat, ambidextrous form factor
- 5 different hole mounting patterns to allow for adaptation to virtually any printer
- Printable adapters can be created to diversify mounting options
Ideal for multiple extrusion systems
- Small form factor and light mass allows for back-to-back mounting with small nozzle-nozzle distance
- Small mass allows for more rapid motion
- Less reinforcement needed for the motors, belts, and drives in the motion system
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at sales@Project3DPrinters.com.
Cancellations & Refunds/Returns:
Before accepting a return on a product that isn't functioning as it should, Project 3D Printers reserves the right to exhaust any and all means to resolve and/or repair the malfunction through technical support and replacement parts provided by both the manufacturer and Project 3D Printers. No return will be accepted without reasonable attempts to resolve the issue(s) first. All returned products must be returned within 10 days of date of purchase.
Project 3D Printers enforces a strict "No Returns Accepted" policy for opened and/or partially used products, including filament, resin, or any consumable of any size and weight that has been used or opened from its factory and vacuum seal. Only products and consumables that are unused, and in brand new factory condition are eligible for return to the manufacturer of origin within 10 days of the purchase date.
If a product is found to be non-functional or defective, the product must be returned with its full original contents within 10 days of the delivery date for inspection of the non-functionality. If the product is found to be defective or non-functional a full-refund will be given, not including return shipping at the customer's expense.
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order. Buyer is responsible for and pays a 20% restocking of the value of the returned item(s). Buyer pays all shipping fees for the returned item(s).
Customs Fees, Tariffs, Duty Fees and Import Taxes:
Only customers are responsible for their local import taxes, tariffs, duty fees and import taxes incurred during shipping. To know about your customs import duties please contact your local customs office with this details (HS Code :8477 Product description: 3d printer or 3d printer kit). If the tax amount is high, we can provide assistance to reduce it.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations: