Zortrax M300 Dual Extruder 3D Printer
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Zortrax M300 Dual Extruder
Large-volume LPD 3D printers are widely used in various industries from automotive to aerospace. A team of former Ferrari engineers is working with our M300 model to prototype parts for their ultra-light motorcycle made almost entirely of carbon fiber. NASA is using the same Zortrax 3D printer to make functional models of tools that one day will help astronauts on missions to asteroids and other planets. Now, we have designed a new large-volume 3D printer for this kind of ingenious people and their ground-breaking projects. We call it the Zortrax M300 Dual.
Zortrax M300 Dual Main Features
- Works in the LPD Plus dual-extrusion technology
- Has a 265x265x300 mm workspace
- Has Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet connectivity
- Has a blackout response system
- Calibrates a build-platform with a capacitive displacement sensor
- Compatible with various build platforms
- Supports single and dual extrusion modes
- Works with third-party filaments
Smart and efficient
large-volume 3D printing
Print as you want
Various types of build platforms and a wide range of third-party filaments are fully supported. Not being limited to a single supplier allows choosing the setup perfectly tailored to the task at hand.
Minimizing human error
The M300 Dual is an efficient time-saving device fitted with advanced sensors to oversee the 3D printing process from start to finish with almost no supervision required.
No more failed prints
The printer can reduce time lost due to power outages and various kinds of mechanical failures. In such cases the print is automatically paused and can be resumed right after the issue has been dealt with.
Industrial-quality results from
desktop 3D printer
Specification for Zortrax M300 Dual
- Build volume - 265 x 265 x 300 mm (10.4 x 10.4 x 11.8 in)
- Nozzle diameter - 0.4 mm (0.016 in)
- Extruder - Dual material extruder with material jam detection
- Extruder cooling system - Two fans cooling the extruder; radial fan cooling the print
- Hotend - Dual material hotend
- Platform - Heated; Perforated/Glass
- Material Endstop - 2 x Mechanical
- Connectivity - Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB
- Operating system - Android
- Processor - Quad Core
- Touchscreen - 4" IPS 800x480
- Camera - Yes
- AC input: 110 V ~ 5,9 A 50/60 Hz ; 240 V ~ 2,5 A 50/60 Hz
- Maximum power consumption: 400 W
- Software bundle- Z-SUITE
- Supported file types - .stl, .obj, .dxf, .3mf
- Supported operating systems - Mac OS X / Windows 7 and newer versions
In the box
- 3D Printer, Side Covers
- Z-SUITE, Starter Kit
- 1 spools of model material
- 1 spool of support material
- 2 spoolholders
- Material Box
- 1 perforated platform,
- 1 glass platform
- Technology - LPD Plus (Layer Plastic Deposition Plus) – advanced technology with the system of Dissolvable Support Structures
- Layer resolution - 100 - 300 microns (for 0.4 mm 0.016 in nozzle)
- Minimal wall thickness - 400 microns (for 0.4 mm 0.016 in nozzle)
- Platform leveling - Automatic measurement of platform points height / manual measurement of platform points height
- Maximum printing temperature (extruder): 310° C (590° F)
- Maximum platform temperature: 105° C (221° F)
- Ambient operation temperature: 20 - 30° C (68- 86° F)
- Storage temperature: 0 - 35° C (32- 95° F)
- Dedicated for single extrusion - Z-NYLON, Z-ULTRAT, Z-PETG, Z-GLASS, Z-PLA
- Dedicated for dual extrusion - Z-PETG, Z-PLA, Z-ULTRAT PLUS, Z-SUPPORT PREMIUM
- External filaments - Applicable
- Support - Mechanically removed - printed with the same material as the model / Dissolvable – printed with a different material than the model
- Filament container - Spool
- Filament diameter - 1.75 mm (0.069 in)
Three Challenges We Faced
Our work began with identifying top three challenges professionals face in working with large 3D printers. Here’s the list we came up with:
- Complex geometries are often necessary even in relatively large models
- The cost of failure is very high as each failed print can cause a missed deadline
- An access to a wide range of build platforms and special-purpose filaments is crucial
The M300 Dual has been designed from the ground up to meet those three challenges. And it does just that and way more.
How We Solved Large Complex Models
The printer works in the LPD Plus dual-extrusion technology which means it can 3D print simultaneously with two filaments: one for the model, and one for the water-soluble support structures.
Because water can remove supports even from almost inaccessible places that can’t be manually reached with tweezers, the M300 Dual can 3D print models with intricate internal geometries and movable mechanisms that would have been impossible for a single-extrusion 3D printer.
Moreover, the LPD Plus technology can boost up the production output when the printer is used for manufacturing. Soluble support makes it possible to stack batches of parts up one on top of the other. This way the entire build volume measuring 265x265x300 mm is used in each working cycle. The M300 Dual also supports a single extrusion mode where it works just like a standard M300 Plus machine.
How We Brought the Cost of Failure Down
Large-volume 3D printers tend to have longer work cycles than smaller ones because it takes more time to print large models. Such machines can run incessantly for several days to make one really big model. When a failure occurs close to the end of the cycle, that’s several days lost for the business. To deal with it, we have pinpointed three most prevalent causes of failed prints. It usually happens when:
- There’s a power outage
- The filament gets jammed
- The filament runs out
We have designed the M300 Dual to save the print and easily recover from each of those events. The printer can detect a power outage. It’s built-in capacitors at all times store enough energy to keep the machine going until the exact position of the printing head is saved. This way the print can be resumed from the same spot when the power is back on. Same thing with the filament problems.
There are two filament sensors in the M300 Dual. One is placed close to the spool holder and is meant to detect when the filament runs out. The other one is fitted in the printing head to detect when the filament got jammed or the nozzle got clogged. In both those scenarios the printer will switch to a pause and notify the user. Again, the work can be resumed from the same spot when the problem has been dealt with.
How You Can Work the Way You Want
Professionals usually expect their tools to be highly customizable. This way they can tailor their setup to better fit the particular project they’re working on at the moment. That’s why we have made the M300 Dual capable of supporting a wide range of third-party filaments and build-platforms. What’s even more important, we’ve made the printer work with them as seamlessly as though they were dedicated components or materials.
The build-platform in the M300 Dual is automatically calibrated with a capacitive displacement sensor. This sensor can perform high-resolution measurements of the position of any conductive or nonconductive target. That’s why both perforated and glass build-platforms can be automatically calibrated just by pushing a button.
In fact, a user can opt for a build-platform made of material we didn’t even think of. The M300 Dual will support it.
Same thing with the filament. The printer works with all third-party filaments available on spools in both single and dual-extrusion modes. That enables professionals to work with all the filaments they need in the setup they think is best. The M300 Dual has been designed based on their feedback. We’ve just engineered it into reality.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at sales@Project3DPrinters.com.
*For products that are imported from Chinese manufacturers directly for the sale, the customer is responsibe for any and all customs fees, duties, and tariffs that may be incured. No tariffs will apply to any products, including Chinese manufacturered, that are shipped from the USA. Please contact us at info@project3dprinters to clarify from where a product will be shipping.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos to returns@Project3DPrinters.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
At Project 3D Printers, we take great pride in servicing our customers to the best of our abilities. No customer, nor purchase, is too big or too small. We pride ourselves in getting to know our customers on a personal level so that we can help you find exactly what you need for a price that you can afford.
No, we're not Amazon, and we don't claim to be. We may not be able to get your product tomorrow or the next day, but we can do something that Amazon cannot.....which is answer your questions and get you the support needed if and when you're having a problem.
We will always answer your questions, return your calls, and return your emails. If we don't have the answers we'll get them from the manufacturer. You'll never be left alone. We stand by our high-quality products.
Project 3D Printers takes great pride in living up to its core values:
1) Customer Service
We believe that the customer and his or her needs come first. We'll do all that we can make our customers fulfill their needs and make them happy with their purchases. We pride ourselves on our support system. If we don't have the answers we will not rest until we find them.
We know that things will sometimes go wrong. Let's not kid ourselves. It's unfortunate when they do, but we promise to be honest about the error and do all that we can to make it right. We're value your patronage. We hope that you have a great experience purchasing from us and will spread the word!